Our Blessing

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Our Blessing Number 2

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Everything Has Its Time

As I am sitting here pondering about my life, there is a certain scripture that the Lord brought to my heart.  Nothing I have not read before, but one that is there to remind over and over again that everything has its own season!

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones. and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate;
A time of war, and a time of peace. 

2 comments:

Simply Tiffany said...

Yes, m'dear, not only is there a season for everything, but everything is beautiful in it's time! Changes in life are oftentimes hard to deal with and not easily comprehended, but if we remember and trust that the Lord holds us in His hands and that His ways are gloriously perfect, it gives us a better outlook on life.

I was recently thinking about this special season in my life and wondering how long it was going to be like this when I heard a song that made me stop and wonder why I would want life to rush past me. Anyhoo, I'm sure you've heard this one, but it was new to me and thought you might enjoy reading the lyrics...

You're gonna miss this,
You're gonna want this back.
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast!
These Are Some Good Times,
So take a good look around.
You may not know it now,
But you're gonna miss this!

It doesn't take that long before we look around us and realize that our greatest blessings, loves and joys are right in front of us. July is just around the corner, so take heart! Love ya!

Daniel and Christa Blanchard said...

Thank you Tissy!! i just need to be content where I am more than I am right now! I just miss you all so much, and wish we could see you more often than we do!

Yes, I have heard that song and it is pretty good!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!! Love you!