Our Blessing

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Our Blessing Number 2

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Remembering...

It was a year ago today that my Dad, Rev. James M. McDonald, gave my hand away in marriage to Mr. Daniel James Kell Blanchard. It was on this day, that I took a new name.

The day flew by fast! I recall waking up, getting dressed, saying good morning to all my family members, and my two grandparents who were staying with us. Than Grace and I went with my grandparents to get our hair done. We than went to the church directly after that, and arrived just before the service began.


My Mom helped me get into my dress and all the wonderful things you do to get pretty for your big day. Then we took a couple of pictures and my dad came in to pray with me. As I sat there cuddled between my two wonderful parents, it hit me that I was leaving them. I remember my mom telling me not to cry because I was messing up my make-up.

My Mom than left to take her seat in the church. I was able to give my Dad one last hug and kiss as his maiden daughter. Then the doors opened, and Dad said, " It's time." I took a deep breath in and let it out slowly, forcing my tears to go away. As the doors opened I saw this man standing at the end of the aisle waiting for me. That man was soon to become my husband. We were about to begin a new adventure. This is the day we became Mr. and Mrs. Daniel James Kell Blanchard.

The only regret that I have about our wedding day is that I wish I could go back and spend more time with my family before everything got started that morning. I want them to know that I love each one of them dearly, and would never ever ask for a different family! God has made them so special to me and I wish we lived closer! I love you!

As for Daniel and I, this has be a year of adventure! We have had our ups and downs. Both of us would agree that we wouldn't trade those moments for anything. We have learned to help each other in everything. Today, we are both extremely blessed, happily married, enjoying life together, 6 1/2 months pregnant and waiting for our first son to arrive! God has been gracious to us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to hear you courtship stroy!

GammySel said...

Thank you Christa for sharing your life. your thoughts, your prayers for your family.
It has always been a blessing to me to see how your family is. It is even more a blessing to watch God work in your lives after all this time!
God bless!
Angie Sellers